Discuss MIDI Controller support/issues here

Return to “MIDI Controller Support”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
chucky27
Mon Jan 01, 2018 6:45 pm

x

FL MIDI and BCR2000

Hello All and Happy New Year! :)

I recently got a BCR2000 controller and I'd like some help on getting the "motorized" knobs (rotary encoders) working. MIDI works fine from the BCR to FL (the BCR knobs can control whatever parameters in FL as long it's possible via "Link to controller").

MIDI can be sent from the BCR, however, it looks like MIDI isn't being sent from FL back to the BCR. For example, if I link a BCR knob to a mixer fader inside FL, I can control the fader with the BCR knob. But if I control the mixer fader inside FL, it'll only change inside FL, and it won't change/update the physical BCR knob it was assigned to. (Another example: If I do "link to controller" and move a BCR knob from 0 to 100, the FL Fader will reflect that. If I move the fader inside FL from 100 back to 0, the physical BCR knob will stay at 100). Therefore, whenever I'd want to use the BCR again, the respective FL parameter would automatically jump to whatever the BCR "says" it is and not what FL has the value as. Thus, not really seeing the "motorized" claim here. Any help would be appreciated.

I've scoured the forums on here for anything BCR2000 related. The following are my actions and non-successful results, respectively:

#1. Regular link to controller: MIDI from BCR to FL works (not necessarily correct numerical values, but works): MIDI from FL to BCR DOESN'T work

#2. Link to controller (Remote Control Settings MODE: LATCH): Virtual FL knob jumps randomly from 0 to 100 as I turn the BCR knob.

#3. Setting the BCR MIDI Output port to 102: Same as #1

#4. Changing BCR from "generic controller" to "Mackie control universal" : Same as #1

#5. Using the Patcher and linking Surface/MIDI output, while "link to controller" is done on surface: Same as #1

#6. Setting the MIDI input and MIDI output ports to same number: Same as #1

chucky27
Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:19 am

x

BCR2000 (FL Studio MIDI Out Issues)

Hello All and Happy New Year! I recently go...

Return to “MIDI Controller Support”