Changing MIDI channel to control sounds in Directwave or other multi output plugin

Discuss MIDI Controller support/issues here

Return to “MIDI Controller Support”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
JoeMichelJarre
Wed Apr 17, 2019 2:37 pm

x

Changing MIDI channel to control sounds in Directwave or other multi output plugin

Hi all,

I have a quick query which has as much to do with my knowledge of MIDI as it does my knowledge of FL Studio in general.

I'm trying to figure it all out because I'd like to be able to switch between sounds easily on my 1st Gen Axiom 25 MIDI controller. I think I have figured out how to change the output midi channel (though it isn't in any way easy!) but when I use a plugin with multiple MIDI output support I am not getting anything coming through on MIDI channel 2 or whatever. I used Sampletank 3 to set up three sounds on different channels and couldn't get it to work when changing the channel on my controller. So, I thought I could give it a go with Directwave but can't figure out how to change the midi channel on the plugin itself.

So, does anyone know how to change the output midi channel on the Axiom? Maybe I am doing it wrong, as their manual is so user friendly... I have watched the Imageline videos on MIDI channel linking and locking but it doesn't really cover what I am trying to do, or whether I can even do it.

Is this a case of me wanting my cake and not being able to eat it? I can't tell you the trouble i have had with the bloody Axiom!

Anyway, I hope someone has an idea what I am looking for, so cheers in advance

NTO
Wed Apr 17, 2019 5:22 pm

x

Re: Changing MIDI channel to control sounds in Directwave or other multi output plugin

You can verify the channel you are sending on, ...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

NTO
Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:49 pm

x

Re: Changing MIDI channel to control sounds in Directwave or other multi output plugin

Dunno My controller switching among three chan...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

NTO
Thu Apr 18, 2019 5:48 pm

x

EDIT: Can't understand why they think that is ...

NTO
Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:40 pm

x

JoeMichelJarre wrote:...If I can figure out how...

Return to “MIDI Controller Support”