Discuss MIDI Controller support/issues here

Return to “MIDI Controller Support”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
Mixednutt
Sun Dec 08, 2019 11:31 pm

x

Prevent Midi controller from playing focused Channel

I'll start with the TL:DR

I want my midi controller to only send notes to the channel which I have configured to receive notes from that controller on it's specified midi port. Right now it will also send notes to the focused channel on the channel rack.

OK, the long part. I use a Linnstrument. It is an amazing midi controller, and I love it. And even though FL Studio doesn't support MPE from my Linnstrument, VST's like Diva do, and it works through FL Studio as long as you connect the controller to the instrument via MIDI Port in MIDI Settings and Channel Settings. It's beautiful. But that's where the problem comes in. Every time I fiddle with the sound, I focus the Channel. So the problem is, when I play an instrument from a Channel which is also focused, it play's the instrument twice, one with MPE, and one decidedly without MPE. It sounds bad, and it's very frustrating. And it's a bad workflow having to de-select the Channel every time I fiddle with something. There's probably a radio button or something in the setting's I've just missed because I'm too daft. But that's just it, I'm too daft. Can someone help me?

Return to “MIDI Controller Support”