Launchpad Pro MK3 set up issues?

Discuss MIDI Controller support/issues here

Return to “MIDI Controller Support”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
Psykos1
Sat Jul 18, 2020 3:06 pm

x

Launchpad Pro MK3 set up issues?

Okay so upon first getting this launchpad, I realized its integration with FL Studio isn't seamless. In fact when I switched to performance mode and attempted to play anything it just played whatever was loaded in the channel rack. So for example, if a high hat was loaded, it would just play that in different notes. Which is good if I was trying to make music, but when I was tryna be in performance mode it wasn't what I needed. Somehow I switched it up, I don't know how.. Okay lemme explain this:
Everything software wise is updated to it's current build. Within Novations website there is a custom settings setup.. I went thru it and mapped all 64 buttons to different notes and this actually made the Launchpad work with performance mode. I just don't understand why now it won't play anything in the channel rack.. I don't quite understand what I did to make the launchpad go from channel mode to performance mode. As of right now in FL Studio, I am not even in performance mode anymore. I started a new track and intended on using the Launchpad to map out this track. I just can't get any sound to play whatsoever now. I have a channel selected on the channel rack, but no sound is playing like when I first plugged this in. Perhaps I toggled something that switched the keystrokes from channel rack to positional values on performance mode? I don't quite know. Any help would be appreciated.
EDIT: I do wanna add on that I do have a secondary MIDI controller plugged in and it is working thru the channel rack. An Akai MPK Mini to be exact. I'm fairly certain when I first plugged in the Launchpad that it also worked alongside the MPK Mini (as in both were plugged in at the same time) and both played notes up and down via the channel rack. So I don't think it's a problem of them both being plugged in at the same time.

Return to “MIDI Controller Support”