Discuss MIDI Controller support/issues here

Return to “MIDI Controller Support”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
Kyero2020
Tue Mar 16, 2021 1:52 am

x

Arturia KeyLab 88 MKII not compatible?

Hi everyone.

I have an Arturia KeyLab 88 MKII keyboard, and I'm able to use it as a generic controller in FL Studio 20. However, that's not exactly how I want to use it.

In the MKII's manual, it says that I can assign the faders and knobs different functions through the use of the MIDI Control Center program I got when I registered my keyboard as a device with Arturia. I went into the MCC ("MIDI Control Center") and assigned the first two faders to control CC #33 (Modulation) and CC #43 (Expression) respectively. I made sure to follow all of the manual's instructions for doing so, loaded the configuration into the keyboard, and tried to use it in FL Studio 20.

No dice. The faders would not control the assigned MIDI functions when I tried to play and perform.

I went to Arturia's Technical Support Team for assistance, and they confirmed I was doing everything right from the keyboard side and that whatever's preventing the faders from controlling the MIDI functions I assigned to them must be a setting within FL Studio 20 that I haven't found, and thus they urged me to seek technical counsel here.

I've searched through the forums, and nobody seems to have this same issue so I've found no help or support with it. So here I am hoping that you guys, or the Tech Support team here at Image-Line, can help me.

In FL Studio 20, I've tried changing the MIDI input and output ports, changing the controller type, changing the audio input/output routing, etc. Nothing's working. The faders are assigned to control CC #33 and #43, but FL Studio is not recognizing or working together with the keyboard so I have no control over those functions regardless of how I toy with it all. And I've confirmed that these are the correct MIDI assignment numbers in FL Studio 20 by opening the "Generators" list to see and manually counted the numbers one by one to make sure that I was indeed getting the right CC control. Still nothing. The Keyboard will only function if it's assigned as a generic controller with the basic mod wheel and pitch bend. But that's incredibly limiting, and I don't want to be limited to just that because a lot of the orchestral libraries I compose with rely on expression for dynamics, not just modulation.

So if anyone out there knows what settings I can toy with to try and get this to work, it'd be much appreciated if you could share them with me.

Thanks in advance!

NTO
Tue Mar 16, 2021 2:23 am

x

Re: Arturia KeyLab 88 MKII not compatible?

You can confirm the defined controls are receiv...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Kyero2020
Tue Mar 16, 2021 2:16 pm

x

Thank you so much! Yeah, I saw the info panel ...

voxkenny
Tue Apr 27, 2021 10:47 pm

x

I just bought an Arturia Keystep 37, and had a ...

Eran Harel
Wed Oct 20, 2021 5:04 am

x

I had same issue with Keylab 49 and that's work...

NTO
Wed Oct 20, 2021 12:20 pm

x

Eran Harel wrote: ↑Wed Oct 20, 2021 5:04 am Any...

Return to “MIDI Controller Support”