Permanent links - Akai Midimix

Discuss MIDI Controller support/issues here

Return to “MIDI Controller Support”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
RosemaryM
Sun Jun 06, 2021 12:27 am

x

Permanent links - Akai Midimix

Hello, I'm fairly new, I've only been composing less than a year so please pardon my ignorance if the answer to this is really simple or straightforward.

I've tried to find the answer in the manual, but a part of the section regarding "Linking & Using External Hardware Controllers" subsection "Global Links (remembered permanently)" confused me:

"The multilink process remembers both the MIDI CC and MIDI channel that was used to make the link, that's how the controller is identified by FL studio. If you change the MIDI channel the controller is transmitting on then you will lose the Global link to that controller."

so I'd rather know the best solution for my specific case if that's at all possible please?

I've got the Akai Midimix controller. So far I've created some Per-Project CC links but find it time consuming and trying to remember which fader does what also doesn't help. So instead, I would like to permanently link certain faders on the hardware to certain CC. i.e. the first slider to always control CC 11, the second one to control CC x and so on. For that to work on all 3rd party plugins I use. That way I could label the sliders on the controller and always know which one will do what on the virtual instruments I'm using. Is there a way to do this without having to open and link each individual instrument inside each individual plugin please?

Many thanks,

M.

nucleon
Mon Jun 14, 2021 8:04 am

x

Re: Permanent links - Akai Midimix

Hi. If you mean you want all the CC's the contr...

RosemaryM
Mon Jun 14, 2021 10:02 am

x

Re: Permanent links - Akai Midimix

Hi nucleon, thanks for your reply. I'd like t...

Return to “MIDI Controller Support”