Discuss MIDI Controller support/issues here

Return to “MIDI Controller Support”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
Jasper Allen
Thu Jul 22, 2021 9:35 am

x

SD3 VST In FL Studio Doesn't Play As Well As In Standalone Software

Hi,

So I'm facing an issue where when I play & record in the Superior Drummer 3 software itself, everything seems to play perfectly fine. But, when I use it as a VST within FL Studio 20, Everything sounds worse to put it simply. The snare in particular machine guns and loses a significant amount of dynamics. Just the nuances in general seem to not be there at all.

I've attached two examples of what I'm referring to. One recorded straight from Superior Drummer 3 and the other put into FL Studio 20 as a MIDI file. Apologies for the open hi-hat in FL Studio. It does that from time to time.

Is there a fix for this at all? Do I possibly need a different DAW?

It's not a complete deal breaker as I could just record in Superior Drummer 3. But being able to edit certain MIDI notes won't be possible without FL Studio. It'd be quite the learning curve trying to figure out SD3 in all it's entirety. Even a new DAW thinking about it now. That's why it'd just be easier for me to stick with what I know. I plan to do freelance drum recordings as a side gig but if the drums sounds like that coming out of FL, I'm better off sticking with the Roland TD-30 module itself?

Thanks in advance.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “MIDI Controller Support”