Discuss MIDI Controller support/issues here

Return to “MIDI Controller Support”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
John A Ferguson
Fri Sep 10, 2021 2:56 am

x

Presonus FaderPort Classic

Hi Folks,

I've recently decided to come back and try and get my head around FL Studio and noticed that there is now an available Python API for scripting controller interfaces. I've made a start on a script to allow me to use my Presonus FaderPort Classic (https://www.presonus.com/products/FaderPort-Classic) and wanted to find out two things from you:
  • Is there anyone interested in my finishing it up and sharing it?
  • Of those interested, do you have any suggestions for using buttons that I haven't mapped yet?
Thanks.

For those who are interested, here is how it's working at the moment:
  • Pan - Pans the active mixer channel. Shift+Pan adjusts the Stereo Separation.
  • Mute, Solo and Rec (Arm) - Toggle the associated control on the active channel. Button lights track status.
  • Channel Select Section - Arrow keys move to previous and next mixer channels respectively. Holding Bank will cause arrow keys to jump 8 channels at a time. Output button will jump to track 0 - Master.
  • Fader Mode Section - Currently unassigned.
  • Window View Section - Mix toggles the mixer, Proj, Trns and Undo are currently unassigned.
  • Transport Section - Shift is used to provide/enable secondary functionality to other buttons. Punch, User and Loop are still unassigned.
  • Stop, Play and Record - Perform their expected functions. Rewind & Fast Forward are not mapped yet.
  • Fader - Adjusts fader (track volume) of selected mixer track. It will also track the setting if it's changed through other methods, e.g. mouse. Selecting a new track will also shift the physical fader to match the software's fader.
Since I'm only a beginner level FL Studio user I don't yet know which functions or actions could most benefit from a mapped controller button, so haven't committed to any particular scheme yet.

The script is working on my Windows machine, I will eventually also test it on my Macbook.

Cheers!

Ief
Site Admin
Mon Sep 13, 2021 12:50 pm

x

Re: Presonus FaderPort Classic

Yes, please feel free to finish and share your ...

Return to “MIDI Controller Support”