Discuss MIDI Controller support/issues here

Return to “MIDI Controller Support”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
aram
Mon Aug 01, 2022 2:42 pm

x

Maschine Mikro Mk3 Transport Support

Hello,

Today I finally decided to look into having support for Mikro mk3 transport, as companies are a bit lazy on the support. Usually in the Game Engine world, third party companies make plugins for all the famous game engines so that people are encouraged to use them.

In the music industry, "Just use mackie".

As you may know, the current recommendation by NI is to set the device to Mackie which means you'll lose drumpad's note usage, or choose general controller which means no transport.

Thanks to the newly added MIDI Scripting, one can now easily add transport to any midi device with ease.

It literally took me 10 minutes to do this. In fact, it took longer to create this post than to make the script lol, but it's definitely a start and a work in progress.
  • Duplicate Mixer Control example
  • Use Debug window in FL Studio to find out what messages are being sent from Mikro
  • Put if-else in a python script to call commands inside FL Studio
The rest was just googling docs / apis.
Note that you need to have a Controller profile that is set to use Transport + Notes.
Here's what mine looks like (I'll also attach it):
MikroControllerEditor.png
How to install:
  1. Extract the Aram Debug.zip file somewhere on your computer.
  2. Run Native Instruments Controller Editor (Should already be installed on your machine, if not then get it using Native Access)
  3. File -> Open Configuration and navigate and select the extracted MikroMk3FLStudio.ncc and Click Open.
  4. Navigate to Program Files (x86)\Image-Line\FL Studio 20\System\Hardware specific\ on your machine
  5. Create a folder "Aram Debug" or anything else you like
  6. Copy device_Aram_Debug.py in there
  7. Open FL Studio and go to MIDI Settings and make sure it matches the following picture (Port can be your choice but they should match):
FLStudio Steps.png
Now put your Mikro Mk3 in MIDI Mode and Enjoy!

Cheers,
Aram

Things that are still on my mind:
- Toggling LEDs on transport buttons, is this even doable without reverse engineering? Is it even midi / sysex?
- Shift button and the arrow < > buttons are not sending a midi message :(
- Add as much useful commands to the buttons as possible
- Rename and clean up (no need to see my name everywhere)
- I'm a programmer but for some peculiar reason I haven't had to learn Python yet. Even now all I know is that tabs are important but it's very easy to get by.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

jayjay999888
Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:26 pm

x

Re: Maschine Mikro Mk3 Transport Support

aram wrote: ↑Mon Aug 01, 2022 2:42 pm Hello, T...

Return to “MIDI Controller Support”