THE FUTURE OF MIDI CONTROLLER SUPPORT

Discuss MIDI Controller support/issues here

Return to “MIDI Controller Support”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
Debrecini
Tue Jan 29, 2008 4:34 pm

x

THE FUTURE OF MIDI CONTROLLER SUPPORT

This is a grand idea, simply the best thing for MIDI Controllers I've ever seen!

A system similar to Cakewalk Sonar 7 would be great... check out their MIDI ACT system.
It allows you to set up your MIDI controller with ACT once, then its saved.
Then you load up a each VST and assign your knobs / sliders to it once... Its then saved for future use.
This process is as easy as pressing the ACT LEARN button tweaking controls one by one on the controller.
Then tweaking an equal amount of controls in your VST, then BOOM... Its asigned & saved.
ACT works with what VST is in focus (when you click on a VST it is selected / in focus)

Say you have 8 knobs on your MIDI controller... You click on a multiband compressor VST you've set up with ACT.
Those first 4 knobs control the gain for the bands and the next 4 control thresholds for bands, or something like that.

Lets say you then click on a VST Synth also set-up with ACT. Those same 8 knobs on your MIDI Controller will now control different parameters on the synth.

I think this is awesome! Its simply the best way to handle MIDI I've ever seen... END OF!

ACT is also in Cakewalk Project 5 but works the same in SONAR 7 the following is a link showing you how ACT works.

Heres another video which can show you better than I can explain.

sapristico
Thu Jan 31, 2008 3:05 pm

x

it sounds GREAT!!! but.....possible in FL?

Debrecini
Mon Feb 04, 2008 6:12 pm

x

Well I've put it in for a feature request. So ...

Return to “MIDI Controller Support”