Host used: REAPER 6.18
Plugin version: Harmor VSTi 22.214.171.124-RC 64-bit
Confirming as fixed since last official version (1.3.39):
- recall of "smooth mod" parameter appears to work properly now - THANKS! (in 1.3.39, it was forced to "on" state on project load while GUI indicator remained off)
- vel to vol button appears to work (and indicate its state in GUI) properly now - THANKS!
Related to MPE / multichannel MIDI:
- MIDI pitchbend remains "unofficially MPE compatible", as it responds per MIDI channel. This is very good, thanks!
- parameters which have VST GUI equivalents (such as FREQ) do not appear to respond per-MIDI-channel to learned MIDI CCs. This is probably a technical limitation, but if it's not - of course, it'd be great if at least some of them were "MPE-compatible" like pitchbend.
EDIT: the below described stuck notes problem is due to REAPER sending more Note Ons than Note Offs in some situations. Harmor 1.3.21 could handle that, but 1.3.39 and 126.96.36.199 cannot. This can be mitigated by inserting REAPER's "JS: MIDI note sanitizer" plugin before Harmor VSTi in the signal chain.
Problems still observed
- sometimes specific MIDI notes [when used in REAPER] get stuck on. If Harmor is then sent All Notes Off, the sound stops - but as soon as same note is sent again, it gets stuck again.
In other words, it's almost as if either Harmor - or REAPER's equivalent of VST wrapper - "starts to refuse" to receive note offs for certain MIDI note numbers, and only obeys All Note Offs.
This also happens with version 1.3.39. Reproducing it is unpredictable, as far as I've tried. Editing MIDI while playing back [the MIDI item] for a while seems to trigger it. Reloading the REAPER project resets it, but stuck notes may appear again.
Significant part of the problem is probably in REAPER, because similar issues have been reported on REAPER forums with other VSTis as well. However, there are also plenty of VSTis which do not have this problem.
I have not encountered notes sticking like that with Harmor VSTi 1.3.21 in REAPER, despite using it regularly.
So if you'll be checking this, the differences in code [between 1.3.21 and 188.8.131.52] for handling MIDI input are probably of interest.
Here you can find (time limited) beta's for plugins & program components
16 posts • Page 1 of 1
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]