PLUGIN SDK - Multiple instances of same plugin make no sound

Here you can find (time limited) beta's for plugins & program components

Return to “Public Betas - Plugins & Components”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
superjoebob
Tue Sep 17, 2019 10:24 pm

x

PLUGIN SDK - Multiple instances of same plugin make no sound

Hello! I'm trying to use Mono to write a C# -> FL Studio plugin compiler to simplify the plugin making process and things are going really well except for a hitch I've run into. Everything works fine with a single instance of the plugin, but as soon as I clone it or add another instance of it the new one makes sound, but all previous instances of the plugin stop making sound. I've stepped through all the audio generation code in the silent plugins, TriggerVoice and Gen_Render are still being called, and the audio generating functions are running normally and writing their samples to (PWAV32FS DestBuffer). For some reason or another though, the plugins are completely silent.

I suspect it may have something to do with the shared static memory space of DLL's, as I had to do some work to get 2 instances of the DLL able to open in the first place. Another suspicious thing is that 1 in 100 times, I can get 2 plugins to make sound at the same time, and as long as I assign the plugins to their own mixer tracks I can get as many instances making sound as I want (multithreaded processing plugins have their own static memory space perhaps?).

I'm not sure if there's much that can be done for me at this point besides many more hours of debugging, just posting here out of curiosity to see if anyone knows about something specific with the FL Plugin setup process that could cause a plugin to generate audio samples completely normally, yet not create any sound in FL.

A debug version of the plugin, if it helps:
http://www.wonthelp.info/synthman.zip

Thank you!

Return to “Public Betas - Plugins & Components”