FPSDK - FL Patcher Plugin Doubles Master Pitch Setting In FPF_MIDIOut Plugins

Here you can find (time limited) beta's for plugins & program components

Return to “Public Betas - Plugins & Components”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
superjoebob
Thu Jan 27, 2022 8:29 pm

x

FPSDK - FL Patcher Plugin Doubles Master Pitch Setting In FPF_MIDIOut Plugins

I'm working on a FPF_MIDIOut plugin that I'd like to support FL's Master Pitch knob in. Without the FPF_MIDIOut flag, it seems master pitch is applied to the VoiceParams Pitch values automatically which is awesome and good. Once I add the FPF_MIDIOut flag though, that value stops being applied to the VoiceParams and I need to collect it and apply it manually from the FPE_MIDI_Pitch Event. No problem, also awesome and good!

The problem seems to come from using my plugin from within FL's Patcher plugin. Once it's in there, it seems that the VoiceParams information coming through to my plugin has its Pitch values automatically transposed by the Master Pitch setting. Since my plugin is a FPF_MIDIOut plugin and I'm already manually applying FPE_MIDI_Pitch, this is not so good as it results in the Master Pitch being double applied leading to a double octave jump when the knob is all the way up or all the way down, and incorrect pitch values inbetween. For now I'm considering adding a "Patcher" checkbox in my plugin, when checked it would ignore FPE_MIDI_Pitch values and rely on Patcher to set its master pitch offsets. That's not really elegant though :(

Is there a proper way to deal with this behavior, to make sure that my FPF_MIDIOut plugin isn't double transposed by the master pitch when it's inside a Patcher instance?

Return to “Public Betas - Plugins & Components”