Dashboard for Xiosynth - Work in Progress

Discuss & exchange FL SynthMaker presets here.

Return to “FL SynthMaker / FlowStone - Presets & Programming”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
Dizzy_3
Sat Oct 04, 2008 4:06 am

x

Dashboard for Xiosynth - Work in Progress

I've been working on a Synthmaker dashboard for the Novation Xiosynth (see pic attached below). It's a nice sounding little synth that is a real pain in the a ss to program, with lots of juicy parameters buried deep in menus that can only be accessed by multiple (and I mean multiple) button presses on the Xio. Lately, I've been finding it uninspiring to try and create new patches when you have to spend half the time hunting around the manual (or just randomly pressing buttons) to find the parameters you're after. I'm hoping a Synthmaker dashboard will change all that.

Thanks to tcweber for first creating the X-Station dashboard. I took him up on his suggestion to take the X-Station dashboard and modify it to suit the Xio. I'm just about there with close to 90% of the controls being fully functional. Other than the ModWheel, Pitch Bend, Aftertouch and Breath controller stuff, I've added just about every tweakable parameter on the Xio to the dashboard. This is my first attempt at a Synthmaker dashboard, and I can say it was a little rough in the beginning. Stick with it though, it is a pretty cool little program. I found the best way to learn was to spend a fair bit of time poking around the insides of some of tcweber's dashboards to get an understanding of how synthmaker works. The gray text on gray background looks a little hard to read per the picture, but in FL Studio it actually is pretty easy on the eyes. It's a work in progress, so I expect there will be some changes as I start using it to program patches. At some point, when I'm happy with the functionality, I'll post it here for other Xiosynth owners to download.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

tcweber
Sun Oct 05, 2008 8:20 am

x

Looks very good man, if you have it finished I ...

Dizzy_3
Sun Oct 05, 2008 2:23 pm

x

Thanks. I think it's almost finished. I'll let...

jasco
Tue Nov 08, 2011 3:24 pm

x

Re:

Hi, did you ever finish this?

Return to “FL SynthMaker / FlowStone - Presets & Programming”