Two module I dream of, for live applications/Help needed from the SM gods.

Discuss & exchange FL SynthMaker presets here.

Return to “FL SynthMaker / FlowStone - Presets & Programming”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
CosmicOrgasm
Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:57 pm

x

Two module I dream of, for live applications/Help needed from the SM gods.

Hello gods of SM

I had this vision the other day:

For the past 5 years, cosmic orgasm have been kicking some serious butt in the psytrance scene using FL and a roland 909.

We do beat sync like djs,

we press start and then modify the bpm for a second or two to beat lock.

All this is great but I was always missing two things to make it perfect.

1)

A pattern counter.

Meaning: Imagine a SM synth that does not produce any audio, instead when a note is pressed, A clock, very similar to the one in FL starts to count, Like that, my partner could see where I am in my beat so he could lock to the 1st beat.

Before I was using the block live mode with a 16 bar loop ,but it is leaving the planks and now it gets hard for him to know when to sync his 909 so that our tracks are locked.

Could this be made in SM??

2)

BPM Joystick.

Meaning: A joystick like pluggin that when pushed up ,raises the bpm by 1 (or the inputed value) and when moved down it does -1 and when release, it goes back to the middle position.

So like that I could sync my bpm without the risk of EG: clicking the up arrow on the bpm in FL or sometime I dont bring it back to the right BPM and if nothing is stretch I dont get the dialog box and sometime I dont notice that Its on the wrong tempo for a few seconds and its makes my life harder.(I know you can do a similar thing with XY controller but its not as good because you have to set it up for every bpm)

I really dont know jack about SM, Im willing to try to learn it, but Darn I lack the time in my life.

I do around 15-20 gigs per year, in the same area, So I have to power produce all the time.

So Im wondering if any of you could at least tell me if its doable, and relatively newbiefriendly.

Thanks,

As Scott said '' SM is the most underrated FL synth.'' Damn It's Almost Like Max MSP and it looks a lot better than Tassman.

Cheers

nucleon
Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:11 pm

x

I did a DJ tempo nudge controller for FL here.....

CosmicOrgasm
Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:24 am

x

nucleon wrote:I did a DJ tempo nudge controller...

Return to “FL SynthMaker / FlowStone - Presets & Programming”