MySQL Shop in v4

EzGenerator V4 forum

Return to “Ezgenerator v4 Customer Forum”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
Nyrican11
Sat Sep 18, 2010 4:15 pm

x

MySQL Shop in v4

Hello. I had some questions to ask about the v4 MySQL Shop that I was hoping someone could clarify for me. I noticed some comments on another tag and wanted to ask the questions below:

* On the MySQL tab in Project Settings, would the information that I enter in these fields be one database for all shop pages that I would implement?
* If I were implementing 2 or more shops on my website and am using the MySQL shop, would I only need to add new products once and they would appear in all shops, or would I still need to enter each new product separately into each shop I have running on my website?
* With the MySQL database, is there a way that I can create one database and have all shops pull specific information from this database? For example, let's say I create a database and call it "ShopInventory". In this SQL database, I create the name, the image, description, etc., and I also create 3 different prices as Regular Price, Membership Price, and Promotion Price. I then create in EZG4, three different shop pages, naming each "regular shop", "member shop", and "promo shop". My question is, would I need to add new products manually to each of the three shops, or is there a way that I can create different strings in each shop setup, such as %RegularPrice% on one page, %MembershipPrice% on another page, and %PromotionPrice% on the 3rd shop page within the shop pages in EZG, and then have each of these shops to pull data from the "ShopInventory" database, rather than as is the case with EZG3's SQL Shops where each shop page has its own database which causes you to have to manually enter each and every new item for each shop rather than one instance.

I'm hoping that EZG4 has the option to pull data from one given database (unless you otherwise specify within the program itself) and to allow the data to appear on all shops. I know I had seen someone mention that it appeared that EZG4's version of SQL shop setup is a bit different and better to use than EZG3's. I was hoping for clarification. Thanks again!

Nyrican11
Sat Sep 18, 2010 7:37 pm

x

Seems I may have answered my own questions afte...

miro (staff)
Site Admin
Tue Sep 21, 2010 7:50 pm

x

* On the MySQL tab in Project Settings, would t...
miro
Image line

Nyrican11
Tue Sep 21, 2010 10:57 pm

x

Thanks Miro for all of the explanations and hel...

Galina
Site Admin
Wed Sep 29, 2010 8:43 am

x

"will this allow the MySQL shop to then act sim...

Return to “Ezgenerator v4 Customer Forum”