Designing a Bassoon with Toxic Biohazard But It's Too Loud

Discuss and exchange Toxic Bio presets

Return to “Toxic Biohazard - Presets & Programming”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
Mythozchtryx
Sat Jan 14, 2017 3:28 am

x

Designing a Bassoon with Toxic Biohazard But It's Too Loud

Being interested in using a lot of organic-sounding sounds in my attempts at music production, and not being able to find a bassoon preset, much less a good one, I decided to try to make my own bassoon. I don't think it turned out too badly, especially being totally new to both sound design and music production, but the problem is that unless I turn the master volume all the way down, the bassoon is way too loud. I had to do some pretty heavy adjustments in Toxic Biohazard's equalizer, which is what brings out most of the bassoon-y sound. I even managed to develop what I guess must be the high-pitched reed tapping vibration sound (I guess that's what that is) as long as I keep the master volume high enough. But if I keep the master volume that high, it clips like crazy and I have to turn down the volume in the mixer to something like 10% or less.

Here's the preset if anybody wants to (a) look at it and donate a pointer, or (b) you just want it for your preset collection. As it is now, you'll just have to adjust the master volume all the way down; and even then, on the higher notes, it almost clips.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Toxic Biohazard - Presets & Programming”