Cave Story's: Geothermal

For .flp/.zip project exchange ONLY. Projects MUST use Image Line samples and generators

Return to “flp Exchange”

Forum rules
This forum is for .flp exchange ONLY. Projects MUST use Image Line samples and generators.

It's also encouraged to include an mp3 format render so people can browse your work.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
Nolantheturtle
Wed Oct 07, 2015 2:57 pm

x

Cave Story's: Geothermal

I've listened to Cave Story's music off and on for the last couple years after recording it from Pixel's (the creator) Orgmaker program in order to cut it into loops for the game Terraria--I made a custom wavebank and imported it into the game replacing the default tracks, and it came out very well.

Having had FL Studio and experimenting with it on a small scale for the past five years, I wanted to give a recreation a go. I won't claim any genius, because I just plugged in a second monitor, ran the Orgmaker program, and copied the notes over to FL Studio. The choice for sounds was relatively simple, and I wanted to make a faithful reinterpretation first before giving some other sounds a go, so I used mainly Minisynth.

I'm uploading it here because perhaps some people appreciate Pixel's intellect in making songs.

Rendition:

Link

Original

Link

-Nolantheturtle
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

shadowpsyc
Tue Dec 22, 2015 4:20 am

x

Re: Cave Story's: Geothermal

Nice! I love Cave Story's soundtrack, I sampled...

6300byte
Tue Jan 05, 2016 9:26 pm

x

Thanks for sharing. The velocity thing you're d...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Nolantheturtle
Fri Nov 18, 2016 8:04 pm

x

It's been a year since the last look at this, a...

Return to “flp Exchange”