Canon in D, first project

For .flp/.zip project exchange ONLY. Projects MUST use Image Line samples and generators

Return to “flp Exchange”

Forum rules
This forum is for .flp exchange ONLY. Projects MUST use Image Line samples and generators.

It's also encouraged to include an mp3 format render so people can browse your work.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
DennisH
Fri Aug 21, 2020 12:40 am

x

Canon in D, first project

Hello All:
I have owned FL Studio for sometime but finally have some time to really try to use it. I picked a well known chamber music piece to try my hand at learning how Studio is organized and used to create music. Here is my first attempt.

The plugin is all Direct Wave for the 3 violins and cello. I will add the harpsicord later. I of course would be interested in any inputs on how to make it better. I think the violins sound very mechanical in some spots. However, I am more interested in feedback on how I created the project, the patterns, and then associating them with the instruments. Canon in D is basically a round, at lease that what the sheet music I found says. Violin 1 plays a phrase in bar one. Then violin 2 plays the same phrase in bar 2 while V1 plays a new phrase. V3 then copies V2, V2 copies previous V1, V1 plays a new phrase, and so on throughout the piece. I was surprised I had to create 3 patterns for each phrase, each pattern associated with each violin. I could not simply associate the same phrase with different instruments in the channel rack. Am I doing this wrong?

I am also interested in how to implement notes that transition from one note to the next , where the sheet music has a “tie” or “slur” symbol. I tried the usual slide note methods, but it sounded like I was playing the violin with a glass tube on my left hand.

Anyway, its my first post in this forum, so give a listen and let me know what you think. Here is the FLP and wave files
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “flp Exchange”