Masquerade - Smile

For .flp/.zip project exchange ONLY. Projects MUST use Image Line samples and generators

Return to “flp Exchange”

Forum rules
This forum is for .flp exchange ONLY. Projects MUST use Image Line samples and generators.

It's also encouraged to include an mp3 format render so people can browse your work.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
Marlies Koster
Tue Aug 23, 2022 10:11 am

x

Masquerade - Smile

Posted this song a few days ago. Bit of a serious song. Underline and reason for writing this song is that when someone commits suicide people may react 'shocked' and followed up with the 'But she smiled so happy!' As if people with depression can't have 'happy moments' and still feel shit. And after hearing such news be in either complete shock (granted) or be in complete denial. Isn't a bad thing. It's natural. It falls in the steps of Kubler Ross but then again, as someone 'very familiar' with situatie it might be annoying. Because fact is people still can be happy, and still want to commit suicide for various reasons. One thing doesn't exclude the other.
Despite the heavy topic, I hope you guys like the song. But if you are getting triggered or struggle with mental health please call a support line that can help you, or find comfort in your surroundings.

About all the technic stuff I stepped out of my comfort zone. Not just because of the subject but also it's form and use of percussive vocal technique (don't know If I can call it rap xD since I'm not a rapper and very unsure about it yet. So please tell me what you think. Should I try it more often?) and finally some rock/punk <3.

Anyway, hope you guys like the song. Cheers!

(also all my songs will get a record update because next week I will finally buy a studio mic. Progression is needed hehe.)

Return to “flp Exchange”