Downhill2k01 General Template

For .flp/.zip project exchange ONLY. Projects MUST use Image Line samples and generators

Return to “flp Exchange”

Forum rules
This forum is for .flp exchange ONLY. Projects MUST use Image Line samples and generators.

It's also encouraged to include an mp3 format render so people can browse your work.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
downhill2k01
Sun Dec 04, 2022 5:56 am

x

Downhill2k01 General Template

this is a template i made for myself. i had been routing everything this way every time i opened up fl, so i thought id make it a template. Been using for almost a year now, and almost forgot it's not the stock template lol

I wanted to make a super generic and versatile template to set as my default whenever i make a new project. I don't think I've ever used the blank template since making this.

Screen Shot 2022-12-03 at 11.13.26 PM.png
There are two busses (drums and melodic) with 7-9 channels each, and a bass channel. All routed to reverb and delay busses.

The Drum Bus has seven channels routed to it (2-8), each channel routed to FX busses. just remember the numbers when routing the drums. If you run out of channels, you can easily patch in one of the empty channels from 20+

The Melodic Bus has 9 channels routed to it (11-19). there is a filter on the bus channel cutting sub frequencies below 100hz

there is only one bass channel which may be annoying to some producers, but i rarely use multiple basses in a track. if you need to, just use channels 20+

the reverb and delay busses have reverb and delay, plus an eq to cut out muddy frequencies & shape tone

*also soft clipper on the master

~~~~~~~~~~recommended customization b4 adding to your template folder~~~~~~~~

**I had to remove every third party plugin i had on it before posting here, so its missing some cool stuff. Just make your modifications and hit save

Replace the stock reverb/delay with your go-to reverb/delay plugins. i personally usually use Phoenixverb (or springs), and Audiothing Reels
--- ESPECIALLY if the reverb/delay would benefit from bus processing. For example, a tape delay bus saturates different tracks together which really glues your space together. like a tape delay bus actually sounds noticeably different (and imo better) than using individual instances

if you have a nice channel strip plugin, put it on the melody/drum busses

I keep a saturation plugin always on my drum bus
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “flp Exchange”