Impulse Response Resources
Fruity Convolver comes with a collection of impulse responses, however the addictive nature of these files will mean that you will soon be looking for more. Below are several links to get you started. To load a new impulse response from outside FL Studio, left-click on the 'Load File' icon on the Impulse Editor window and browse to the location of the new impulse responses.
- KVR forums "The best Impulse Response [IR] sites" sticky thread.
- Noise Vault Nice resource for public domain reverb impulse response files.
- Acoustics Engineering Some amazing spaces with pictures to inspire.
- Promenadikeskus concert hall in Pori, Finland Impulses from the concert hall with pictures.
- Cyber Kitchen Sound Design Enterprise A nice collection of impulse responses and below these a good explanation of convolution and some of the interesting things you can do with it.
- EMES Virtual Rooms A nice collection of professionally made reverb impulses.
- Voxengo Impulses Several packs ready for download.
- Fokke van Saane's impulse responses Many of the impulses here are .aif, Fruity Convolver can load these. We have included Fokke's site mainly because he clearly explains how the impulse response files were created and posts lots of great pictures of the spaces in which the impulses were made, be inspired!
- Google for 'Reverb Impulse' Be brave, find your own!
Click here to see the manual page complete with Tutorials (down the bottom of the page).
Sampling Plugin Reverbs with Fruity Convolver
It's sample week here at Image-Line first sampling VST's now sampling Reverbs
You can also check the manual (down the bottom of the page) for a nice list of links to pre-existing impulse response files and some tips of making impulse responses from real spaces.
Here's an impulse I made earlier in my bathroom. I used a pair of AT3032 mics into a SoundDevices MixPre then into an Edirol R44 digital recorder running at 24 bit 44.1 kHz and the 'hand clap' method.
Download the impulse below...