TC - Storm Brew Bass Remake

Recreations of epic sounds using our products

Return to “Epic Sound Design & Recreation Forum”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
Ainch
Fri Sep 30, 2016 2:49 pm

x

TC - Storm Brew Bass Remake

Heyo, I recently heard a DnB track by TC with a really sick bass sound so I had a crack at remaking it. I've not really succeeded, my gut instinct is that there's a simple trick to the sound that I'm not using that's keeping me from getting there. Different things I've tried include FM synthesis, comb filtering, static flanging, and trying ring modulation, filter FM and PWM in Massive but none of them really yielded any good results for the timbre. My most recent attempt is with Razer using a sync osc and that's the closest so far, but still nowhere near what I want. I wonder if there's a formant filter involved, but I'm not sure because the highs are really crisp. I also tried some stuff with weird intervals like a 5th or a 2nd but I don't think there's anything like that going on, I think it's just a fairly atonal sound.

Anyway here's my work on the sound so far, I'll upload the flp if anyone wants it, but it doesn't really use much FL stuff so maybe not the most helpful. The order of the file is 1. Original, 2. My shite attempt, then mine in more isolation, and the two of them together.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Epic Sound Design & Recreation Forum”