consistent smooth bass in liquid d&b

Recreations of epic sounds using our products

Return to “Epic Sound Design & Recreation Forum”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
Liquos
Wed Sep 26, 2018 7:22 am

0 x

consistent smooth bass in liquid d&b

Not so much a "how do I make this exact sound", but does anyone have tips for making some solid, consistent, yet not overpowering bass sounds for liquid drum & bass?
I am talking stuff like this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aR556D2ru_o
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=osSq5AP_2k8

It has a nice midrange, no highs, and a very constant bass. I have tried to replicate this by having 2 separate sounds for a midrange and a subbass.. but the problem I run into in the mids is that organic, reese-y sound always ends up being a bit too much, I can never get the right ingredients down in regards to smoothness that these guys nail and mine wobbles and phase-cancels and creates too much movement.

The other problem is that the subbass basically only works within a certain range of notes. Certain notes that I want to hit will end up being so low, that they are inaudible.. and when I bring them up an octave they become too high and stop being a subbass.

Would love all kinds of tips for specifically -chill- d&b bass (the hard, hectic, metallic stuff is a bit easier to handle).

Thanks!

CHOOS
Wed Sep 26, 2018 5:18 pm

0 x

Re: consistent smooth bass in liquid d&b

Here's a Sytrus preset for ya.The trick for the...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Audiobusters
Wed Sep 26, 2018 8:51 pm

0 x

A detuned saw through a lowPasss filterIn Sytru...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Liquos
Thu Sep 27, 2018 7:14 am

0 x

Thanks for the replies guys. I tried out this t...

Audiobusters
Thu Sep 27, 2018 8:40 pm

0 x

Liquos wrote:Here was a test I did, with a more...

Sirous
Fri Sep 28, 2018 2:37 pm

0 x

I've made one with Harmor. This is a sine but M...

Return to “Epic Sound Design & Recreation Forum”