What are the go-to plugins for creating rolling basslines heard in retrowave?

Recreations of epic sounds using our products

Return to “Epic Sound Design & Recreation Forum”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
fruityboy
Thu Jun 17, 2021 9:04 am

x

What are the go-to plugins for creating rolling basslines heard in retrowave?

I noticed that a lot of the tutorials on YouTube that teach how to create a rolling bassline are often done using paid plugins that I don't currently own (Serum, Sylenth1, Spire, etc.)

I know that the basic concept of creating a rolling bass remains the same, but it is hard to follow a lot of these tutorials when they are tweaking a lot of different knobs on a particular synth that I don't own, so I need to try to find a similar free plugin that has a lot of the same effects knobs to sort of follow along.

Here is a tutorial I found showing how to create a rolling bassline using Sytrus (which I own):

I was able to create the same sound they did, but the sound is a little too distorted and heavy for my taste. It sounds like it would fit better with dark wave or possibly even industrial music. I want to create rolling basslines, but I am going for a more warm, clear sound that you often hear in retrowave. I assume that it is possible to tweak some knobs within Sytrus to create a softer rolling bassline effect, but I am still messing around with how to do that.

I am looking to create rolling basslines that sound a lot like the tracks on this album (and albums with this retrowave sound in general):

What are some other alternatives that are either free plugins or plugins that come with the FL Studio Producer edition?

Zephyrean
Thu Jun 17, 2021 10:42 am

x

Re: What are the go-to plugins for creating rolling basslines heard in retrowave?

I would encourage you to browse through FLEX; j...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Zephyrean on Thu Jun 17, 2021 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

fruityboy
Thu Jun 17, 2021 11:07 am

x

Re: What are the go-to plugins for creating rolling basslines heard in retrowave?

Zephyrean wrote: ↑Thu Jun 17, 2021 10:42 am I w...
Last edited by fruityboy on Fri Jun 18, 2021 4:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Zephyrean
Thu Jun 17, 2021 2:06 pm

x

The bass in the song appears to be subject to d...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

whatupsilon
Tue Sep 14, 2021 8:22 am

x

fruityboy wrote: ↑Thu Jun 17, 2021 9:04 am Wha...

Return to “Epic Sound Design & Recreation Forum”