Recreations of epic sounds using our products

Return to “Epic Sound Design & Recreation Forum”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
Rux Ton
Tue Mar 29, 2022 1:41 am

x

Color Bass using Fruity Convolver

Hey ya'll

So I made this tutorial for my youtube channel but I was told by some friends I should post about it here. So, i'll actually post the project stuff here so you can mess around with it but I do recommend watching the video on the process. (However if you read on, i'll explain what i've done)

I know that you can use a vocoder, or a resonator etc to make this but I thought that this would be an interesting approach because honestly, I forgot all about Fruity Convolver and its an amazingly powerful plugin for a lot of reasons.

Now, I do not typically make color bass, but i find the sounds really cool. I see Virtual Riot uses that Pitch Map plugin by Zynaptiq which is cool but I try pretty hard to keep everything as STOCK FL as I can when i do sound design ideas like this just because I enjoy the challenge it presents and also helping people find new ways of approaching bass sound design in general.

I believe this is an A minor 9th chord, incase you are curious and are a visual person like me. You can do this with any chord but basically the idea is simple. Made a super saw in harmor, made the chord, gave it some volume decay (similar to a pluck) and then messed with the shape of the volume envelope some more in fruity convolver to taste.

If theres anything I can clear up just let me know! I hope this gives you guys some extra out of the box ideas because, for me i thought about vocals and it sounds awesome. Sure its a bit linear compared to using a vocoder but that doesnt make it any less fun :)

Happy "color"ing! :mrgreen:
If you guys come up with anything cool with this whether it be a bass or anything else i'd love to hear it!
Or if you have any other deviation from this i'd love to know what you've done as well!

OH! Here is the preset and impulse response used as well as an mp3 demo of me running one of my bass sessions through this fruity convolver preset:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Epic Sound Design & Recreation Forum”