I have spent a lot of time building a patch that works similar to RC-20.
VC-20 is a multi effect tool. It is very easy to create a washed out sound from the past. It is especially useful for creating a lo-fi sound.
But you can also use extreme setting of the effect-modules for sounddesign.
- Download the updated patch file (V1.2) from my reply post below and save it in your patcher-presets folder.
- Download the Noise zip, unpack it, and put the unpacked folder (20_Noise) in your Packs folder. That’s the folder where you would normally save a new drum kit etc. ( Data/Patches/Packs).
- You need to press play (pattern or playlist) to activate all functions.
- It only uses stock plug ins and the six noise samples attached to this post.
- The noise samples are easily exchangeable with your own favourite noise samples you will find a guide in the map at the top (left upper patcher tab).
- It has every effect module except for the reverb and the width function use the LS Stereo Imager from the legendary Light Shard!
- The “Magnitude” slider works like the real thing and is not a regular “mix”-slider. Unfortunately, I could not figure out yet how to program it properly for the “Tone”, “In” and “Out” knob. So, consider this when making a cool transition with an automation clip for the “Magnitude”.
- I am still searching for better distortion models, but I think for now it will do.
- Press the mousewheel to set every knob & slider to their default value
- Flux does really flux it up.
Please report bugs.
Below you will find a quick Demo I made, using the modules "Noise", "Wobble" and "Distortion". I went very subtle on the Wobble effect.