Pakilti: An easy-to-use tension builder

Share your Patcher presets here

Return to “Patcher - Presets”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
Alphagem-O
Sat Jul 02, 2022 1:32 pm

x

Pakilti: An easy-to-use tension builder

Pakilti (I'm told that it is Lithuanian for: ascend, rise, take off, climb) is an easy-to-use, FL-native multi-effect preset for Patcher.

It's a tool for creating tension and motion in transitions, and can be placed on individual tracks, busses or the Master track. Thank you to @Rux Ton for their LFG Machine (viewtopic.php?f=1952&t=283026), which inspired me to build Pakilti!

Pakilti includes 12 effects (pitch, HP and LP filters, distortion, stereo width, phaser, noise adder, vox, vocoder, delay, reverb and volume reduction), which are altogether controlled by a single "Pakilti" knob.

The impact of each effect can be set by a 'Strength' slider, thereby allowing to change the relative weight of each. Effects can be turned on/off (bypassed) individually with designated buttons.

Additional controls are hidden away on the 'Advanced Settings' tab. Be careful when altering them, as some parameters will easily mess up the sound. On the other hand, they are great for customizing the sound of Pakilti. For example, filter sweeps can sound very different when the bandwidth (BW) of the HP and LP filters are changed. Of course, these parameters can be automated, too, if you want to make the sound entirely your own.

Particular care was taken to match Pakilti's dry signal to the original in sound and volume. However, the gain of the wet signal may differ. The volume reduction effect is meant to prevent the audio from getting too loud, e.g. if heavy distortion is chosen.

Operation: To dial in the effect(s), manually turn up the Pakilti knob while audio is playing. A good speed for a natural transition is from 0 to 100% in 4 or 8 bars. The knob can be linked to automation, so that any motion shape can be applied. Adjust On/Off buttons and Strength sliders as desired. Automate any of the buttons and sliders for additional complexity.

For all knobs and sliders, ALT + Click sets the default value.

Start out with feeding Pakilti a simple audio loop (e.g. snare). Turn on/off one effect at a time and slowly raise the strength slider. Then try combinations at different strengths.

Use the Mix level knob in FL Studio's Mixer Insert to bypass the entire Patcher preset. Use Pakilti's Master Volume knob to adjust the volume of the overall effect against its bypassed state. Use the Space knob for some ambient reverb.

Have fun!

--:-- / --:--

--:-- / --:--

Pakilti V1.0_Controls_20220701s.jpg
Pakilti V1.0_Controls_20220701s.jpg (101.63 KiB) Viewed 1763 times

Pakilti V1.0_Advanced Settings_20220701s.jpg
Pakilti V1.0_Advanced Settings_20220701s.jpg (119.53 KiB) Viewed 1763 times

Pakilti V1.0_Map_20220701s.jpg
Pakilti V1.0_Map_20220701s.jpg (193.98 KiB) Viewed 1763 times

Rux Ton
Tue Jul 05, 2022 11:12 pm

x

Re: Pakilti: An easy-to-use tension builder

MY GOD MAN YOU TOOK INSPIRATION FROM ME? LMAO T...

Return to “Patcher - Presets”