Micro Shifter Delay Plugin (stock plugins)

Share your Patcher presets here

Return to “Patcher - Presets”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
whatupsilon
Mon Nov 01, 2021 5:51 am

x

Micro Shifter Delay Plugin (stock plugins)

I didn't do a video of this one because it's pretty self explanatory.

Basically I mapped a custom knob to Fruity Delay 3 in order to add swing. It makes for very small changes, thus the name Micro Shifter.
HY_Micro_Shifter.fst
(23.73 KiB) Downloaded 101 times
Micro_shifter_patch.jpg
Micro_shifter_patch.jpg (105.58 KiB) Viewed 2666 times
Details:
The knob starts at 1MS delay by default and has a gradual curve up to 42MS max. Many elements sound good around 6MS delay.
Another benefit is this lets you apply delay to sounds in a bus, for example if you have multiple claps that you layered that you want to shift (e.g. "shifted clap").

I know the normal way would be the coarse swing knob or the piano roll and quantization templates like "swing" or "shuffle." However these options are not fine tuned enough for some situations, and rather than just using the delay as-is I wanted to change the envelope of the knob and the max value to make it very fine tuned. There is also a small knob like this hidden under the wrapper settings, but it is also too coarse for my taste.

You can turn off the "Wet Only" button and add feedback if you want weird, glitchy effects, but for most of us we'll probably use it for swing or to space out elements from a kick, almost like a predelay.

Hope this is helpful to you guys!

Return to “Patcher - Presets”