x

Split Band Tilt EQ

Tilt EQ - Split Band.png
Tilt EQ - Split Band.png (91.65 KiB) Viewed 894 times
Tilt EQ - Split Band.fst
(118.91 KiB) Downloaded 74 times

Screenshot_20221217-174541_YouTube.jpg
Screenshot_20221217-174541_YouTube.jpg (145.18 KiB) Viewed 867 times
To celebrate the official inclusion of some of my Patches in the newly released FL 21, I've made a brand new one and it's a bit tasty 😊

Introducing the 'Split Band Tilt EQ' my new secret weapon.

Get the optimum frequency balance on loops and other sounds, find that magic split point for a simultaneous fat low end but crisp high end, all whilst removing any boxy, muddy centre.

Download Folder
(most up-to-date version(s) will be here)
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... uYcgYHRKty

You may or may not of already heard about tilt EQs, they are so handy and overlooked but one drawback is that depending on which way you tilt them they can leave you missing either important bottom end or high end sheen and clarity, especially at higher settings, hence my conception to remedy this and as far as i am aware non of the tilt eq plugins out there free or otherwise do what i designed this to do, especially the signal path and concept behind the 'mud remover'.

So what exactly does it do?

Well in a nutshell...

1) It splits your input signal into 2 cleanly cut bands with no extra crossover phasing issues.
Both splits can add back together perfectly to form the original input and do so without the need for linear phase.

2) It sends the lower band to a lower frequency enhancing tilt eq and the higher band to a brightening tilt eq.

3) Optional filters acting around your pivot / split point offer further improvements by minimising potential boxy/wooden muddy content.

4) Various controls can then be used to blend the overall tone, effect levels and amplitude of the bands, tilt eqs and mud remover.

I often don't get given feedback but it is something that would benefit me thus I would be appreciative of your feedback on your experiences with this one should you use it.

My Channels
https://docs.google.com/document/d/e/2P ... bL1XJ6/pub
Last edited by Trancelmania on Sun Jul 02, 2023 4:11 pm, edited 21 times in total.

Trancelmania
Sat Dec 10, 2022 5:13 pm

x

Re: Split Band Tilt EQ

Mr. Guelo wrote: ↑Sat Dec 10, 2022 4:52 pm Than...

Return to “Patcher - Presets”