Share your Patcher presets here

Return to “Patcher - Presets”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
un.ku
Fri Aug 03, 2012 1:08 am

x

Fixed filter bank and dual phasers

Hey,

So here are a couple first attempts in patcher to emulate a couple effects I've seen elsewhere.

First up is just a simple dual phaser where you can pan the phasers separately. Nothing big. Not much of a dashboard other than the panning, and a couple main controls in each phaser. Not sure if the phase inverters really do anything, but they seemed to help the phasing issues i heard (my understanding of this is a little muddy, mind you).

Next is an emulation of a fixed filter bank, used primarily for really narrow and intentionally ringy frequency band boosts at specific frequencies (not sure about the technical basis of why these specific frequencies were chosen, but they seem to sound like they were chosen for a reason).

So the idea is that you pretty much want to use just the dashboard to introduce individual bands and leave the PEQII filter freqs alone (hence "fixed"). The global bandwidth is meant to be adjusted very sparingly, going above about 5% kinda defeats the purpose of the sharp bands. The low pass and high pass are kinda just there to sweep out a bunch of frequencies at once (both dry and wet). And of course dry and wet knobs.

This can be useful for ambient/droney music, like the example below (which was pretty much an unrehearsed live run of randoming bringing in and fading out bands with my midi controller; I only have 9 sliders so I only did the middle-ish nine bands where the harmonic material is richest anyways). Or can just give some subtle nuance at fixed points to a dry sound.
Attachments
fixed filter bank.fst
(24.49 KiB) Downloaded 120 times
Dual Phasers.fst
(11.63 KiB) Downloaded 120 times
--:-- / --:--

Return to “Patcher - Presets”