iPad 3, clicks and pops

Support, Project sharing, Discussion and more...

Return to “FL Studio Mobile”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
Ryne
Tue Dec 20, 2016 12:59 pm

0 x

iPad 3, clicks and pops

Hi there. I'm using FLM3 on my iPad 3. I generally can't get through any playback without cracks and pops. It seems to run smoothly and there's no latency issues or anything like that, just these cracks.

Is this because the hardware can't push it, or is it because the optimization isn't there yet? I don't feel that it should be a supported device it's going to stay the way it is.

Settings are limited and there's no option to try to squeeze extra performance. Needless to say my issues aren't from a combination of settings within FLM since there aren't any.

I'm just wondering whether or not to move to different software. iPad 3 is a little dated but I don't see it having an issue keeping up. I can run a bunch of stuff through audiobus into GarageBand and I never hear a single hitch from vocals to any of the instruments. 10 tracks simulateneously with additional software without problem.

What should I do?

Edit: the cracks are more like skips, they don't actually record the way that you hear it trough the monitor, and the cracks you hear sound like skips on recorded sound. So instead of the recorded stuff sounding crackly, it ends up sounding like it studders. It's hard to explain sound related inssues using words I realize.

Ryne
Tue Dec 20, 2016 10:15 pm

0 x

Re: iPad 3, clicks and pops

iPad 3,iOS 9.3.5 (the latest supported version ...

Ryne
Wed Dec 21, 2016 12:31 pm

0 x

Oh, awesome.I'll try disabling background app r...

Ryne
Wed Dec 21, 2016 6:35 pm

0 x

I disagree. If it can keep up with the load fro...

Scott
Site Admin
Thu Dec 22, 2016 1:06 am

0 x

We are investigating issues with iPad 2 and 3Re...

miksybrandt
Mon Dec 26, 2016 10:47 pm

0 x

Yes, I too experience clicks on my iPad 2,even ...

Fleetphoot
Wed Dec 28, 2016 6:20 am

0 x

I have an iPad3 and have the same problem. The ...

Ajildiar
Thu May 23, 2019 6:44 pm

0 x

I have the same problem on ipad mini 5 ios 12.2...

Return to “FL Studio Mobile”