No way to transpose notes in Piano Roll?

Support, Project sharing, Discussion and more...

Return to “FL Studio Mobile”

Forum rules
Asking for help? WE NEED DETAILS: problems will be addressed faster if you follow these suggestions:
  1. Specific information - a) FL Studio Mobile version number, b) What you are doing and what happens exactly, c) Step-by-step instructions how reproduce the problem.
  2. Screenshots / Videos - Both great way to demonstrate issues. Include images using the 'Attachments' tab, at the bottom of the post edit window.
  3. Did you read the manual? - In FL Studio Mobile tap - Help > Manual. See it here.
  4. Use English - Google Translate your post. Short simple sentences in your original language translate best. We are happy to work this way, no need to worry.
NOTE: Technical Support is ONLY available Monday - Friday (9 am to 5 pm Central European Time), thank you.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
DantheMan17
Fri Jun 11, 2021 4:21 pm

x

No way to transpose notes in Piano Roll?

So one day I was playing with a melody in the piano roll, and I thought "Hm, this would sound better in a higher octave." So I instinctively selected all the notes, and hit the CTRL button at the bottom almost expecting to find the options "Transpose up" and "Transpose down" except... they weren't there. Is there really no quick way to transpose notes up or down one octave?

The problem is that moving large groups of notes with our fingers is not very precise, and especially in my case because I frequently use notes that land on odd beats or that do not conform to the grid. That means that the moment I move these notes, they will snap to the nearest grid line, messing up my melody timing. And if I turn off the snap option, I would have to tediously position them in the exact way I had them in the lower octave. So you see, being able to select notes and move them up or down with button commands would be a very useful workflow improvement. :)

Permich
Sat Jun 12, 2021 6:50 am

x

Re: No way to transpose notes in Piano Roll?

At the moment there is no such function in the ...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “FL Studio Mobile”