Playback pauses when I leave the app + 2 trackpad bugs

Support, Project sharing, Discussion and more...

Return to “FL Studio Mobile”

Forum rules
Asking for help? WE NEED DETAILS: problems will be addressed faster if you follow these suggestions:
  1. Specific information - a) FL Studio Mobile version number, b) What you are doing and what happens exactly, c) Step-by-step instructions how reproduce the problem.
  2. Screenshots / Videos - Both great way to demonstrate issues. Include images using the 'Attachments' tab, at the bottom of the post edit window.
  3. Did you read the manual? - In FL Studio Mobile tap - Help > Manual. See it here.
  4. Use English - Google Translate your post. Short simple sentences in your original language translate best. We are happy to work this way, no need to worry.
NOTE: Technical Support is ONLY available Monday - Friday (9 am to 5 pm Central European Time), thank you.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
nemo957
Mon Dec 06, 2021 11:37 am

x

Playback pauses when I leave the app + 2 trackpad bugs

Hi, I'm running the latest version of FL Studio Mobile on my Chromebook, and it works well, and I am generally very pleased with it. I'm really enjoying playing with the synths!

I use an app to control my guitar amp, and when I switch to that app from FLSM while I have backing music looping, FLSM pauses and the music stops until I go back to FLSM, making it very difficult to adjust my guitar tone to the backing music. Also, I sometimes want to switch to another app to read the music I'm playing while practising, and again the FLSM pauses, and if I'm playing a midi keyboard, then that also stops working in FLSM.

It would be much more useful if FLSM didn't do this and continued to work in the background. I know this is possible, as the free BandLab app can do this (it continues to play, and midi instruments continue to work with it, while I'm using other apps).

Perhaps we could have an option to enable this in a future update?

Also, there are a couple of annoying bugs that affects trackpad usage on my Chromebook.

One is easy to produce: after using two-finger scrolling, FLSM registers trackpad clicks that never happened. E.g. when scrolling on the piano roll, when I stop and then move the mouse (one finger) it draws a note wherever the pointer is without me clicking. It does this every time, and occasionally registers more than one spurious track pad click, drawing notes wherever the pointer happens to be. These spurious clicks also happen in every part of the app, not just the piano roll. Clearly this should not happen. (This does not happen in BandLab, for example.)

The second bug is harder to reproduce. Occasionally after two fingered scrolling on the trackpad, the following warning appears on the screen:

"Android Settings > Gestures >Three-finger screenshot may be enabled. Disable for multi-touch keyboard operation."

and I have to click OK or Cancel to continue (both appear to do the same thing: i.e. nothing). I am definitely only scrolling with two fingers, and I don't believe it is possible to disable this on Chromebook (and I don't think this gesture even takes a screenshot on Chromebook!). This only does this once whenever I use FLSM, and won't do it again until I restart the app. But it is extremely frustrating, having to click past this every time I use the app, especially as clicking either option on the warning does nothing.

Hopefully these bugs can be fixed in time for the next update.

Thanks very much!

Return to “FL Studio Mobile”