Feature Request Channel\Track Instrument Splitting

Support, Project sharing, Discussion and more...

Return to “FL Studio Mobile”

Forum rules
Asking for help? WE NEED DETAILS: problems will be addressed faster if you follow these suggestions:
  1. Specific information - a) FL Studio Mobile version number, b) What you are doing and what happens exactly, c) Step-by-step instructions how reproduce the problem.
  2. Screenshots / Videos - Both great way to demonstrate issues. Include images using the 'Attachments' tab, at the bottom of the post edit window.
  3. Did you read the manual? - In FL Studio Mobile tap - Help > Manual. See it here.
  4. Use English - Google Translate your post. Short simple sentences in your original language translate best. We are happy to work this way, no need to worry.
NOTE: Technical Support is ONLY available Monday - Friday (9 am to 5 pm Central European Time), thank you.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
Edge226
Thu May 19, 2022 12:17 am

x

Feature Request Channel\Track Instrument Splitting

I know you cannot import FLP or FLM files into the misappropriated version and you need to save the Midi version. I said in a previous post that I tested a bunch of methods to transfer the sounds to the mobile/desktop versions and this feature request is based on the workflow I found to best create the midi files and transfer from mobile to PC.

Here are the two ways I've found to perform the task and they likely could easily have an automation feature where you press a button and the task gets done.

I would compare this to `Tools>Macros>Prepare for Midi export` feature on the PC.

I'm honestly not sure at this time which of these methods is easiest or cleanest but I found the second method to be slightly easier and faster than the first to perform manually. Both could probably be put into the program fairly easily.

Note: This works well with notes and not step sequenced events. They are a different beast completely.
Here is my example drum beat:
patternsplitting.PNG
Way # 1) Splitting instruments to tracks > Clicking the track and then this button should provide a similar workflow to below:
A) Create the same # of tracks for the # of instruments.
B) Copy your pattern to the other tracks.
C) Clear every instruments notes but the one used in that track.
patternsplitting-track.PNG
This would result in each track having only the notes of each instrument and each instrument being separate. This imports cleanly into FL Studio Desktop allowing modification of each instrument. The negative is the original file had all instruments in each track still. This seems like more data would be used.
patternsplitting-track-dupes.PNG
Way # 2) Splitting the instruments to channels > Clicking the channel and then this button should provide a similar workflow to below:
A) Clone the channel the same # of times for the # of instruments used.
B) Delete each unwanted instrument in the piano roll leaving a single instrument.
patternsplitting-channel.PNG
This would result in each channel having a pattern only containing this instrument and the instrument data is not duplicated among channels so this seems ideal.
patternsplitting-channel-nodupes.PNG
You can see both in the channel data on the playlist and the piano roll the instrument duplication that happens with track splitting vs channel splitting, I do not know if this affects the final midi file size or not.

Sample files of the FLM that created the beat show the basic as 14KB, Track splitting brings us to 17KB, Channel splitting makes the file 21KB.
patternsplitting.flm
patternsplitting-tracks.flm
patternsplitting-channel.flm
(Still a work in progress but wanted to save an update.)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Edge226
Thu May 19, 2022 3:42 am

x

Re: Feature Request Channel\Track Instrument Splitting

Yes I also have 2 midi files with the results o...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “FL Studio Mobile”