FEATURE REQUESTS

Support, Project sharing, Discussion and more...

Return to “FL Studio Mobile”

Forum rules
Asking for help? WE NEED DETAILS: problems will be addressed faster if you follow these suggestions:
  1. Specific information - a) FL Studio Mobile version number, b) What you are doing and what happens exactly, c) Step-by-step instructions how reproduce the problem.
  2. Screenshots / Videos - Both great way to demonstrate issues. Include images using the 'Attachments' tab, at the bottom of the post edit window.
  3. Did you read the manual? - In FL Studio Mobile tap - Help > Manual. See it here.
  4. Use English - Google Translate your post. Short simple sentences in your original language translate best. We are happy to work this way, no need to worry.
NOTE: Technical Support is ONLY available Monday - Friday (9 am to 5 pm Central European Time), thank you.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
Cursed Muse
Sun Nov 27, 2022 6:13 pm

x

FEATURE REQUESTS

Hey guys love the update path, had some nagging ideas for features/polish to make everything alot smoother/easier to use.

1) I see you're adding clip editing functions specifically for loops, I for one would LOVE the ability to slice easier, and I was using it and it's still a bit tedious, I'd always imagined maybe slicing from the waveform view, where automations are drawn in, kinda like FL studio PC working with NEWTIME, but in the mobile waveform viewer, adding slices there would be amazing, maybe even add a side button menu for time based auto slicing and/or repeats?
Then you just add bars of slices on the waveform view and rearrange what you want your loop to be there, and then exit and it in the playlist your audio file is there, chopped up and ready to go however you arranged it maybe?
REALLY what I was hoping for with that idea is adding functionality to slicer via the playlist clip editor window, because since slicer doesn't really allow you to actually do any custom "slicing" I was thinking the rest of the functionality could be found in the clip viewer on the playlist, specifically intended for slicer or used for general slicing as well, I feel like it would make my life a million times easier, as it stands I struggle A LOT with anything loop based on mobile specifically for this reason, it's too damn tedious! Lol, not angry, actually it's forced me to make a lot of original material as I am rarely able to use FL studio on PC really...

I stole this idea from someone who posted a while ago but it's very important! We need grid/beat locked slicing as well as the auto dynamic slicing already available, along with pitch and time, shifting and reversal of individual slices. Hope one day we can slice and arrange chops and make new loops all within the clip viewer waveform/stretch window on the playlist, in a perfect world this would allow you to rearrange your slices and get a custom "parent" loop for your project after leaving the window, already on your playlist, and it would also allow you to save the slice info TO the loop, along with any rearrangements (maybe?) And create a new or updated .WAV for slicers purposes!
I've been dying to make cool reverse chopped melodies in FL mobile and it takes about a half hour on PC max, on mobile it takes me around 4hrs EVERY TIME and I ALWAYS scrap it cus it sucks imo :p

2) Automations need some kind of help imo... Anything that isn't just basic is extremely tedious I'd personally LOVE to be able TO FREELY DRAW instead do the dang "point-based" grid system, it's useful but please allow us a button to switch to a free draw mode, like when recording automations using the knobs, it draws like a millions dots to make your curves when recording love automation we should be able to draw it in ourselves with an option. If this is added we'd also need the ability to save automations we've made for templates and stuff (I'd personally already be doing that if we could anyway, especially for how tedious it is sometimes that'd be a big win)

Beyond that, I'd also highly appreciate an LFO tool for prefabbed automation settings kinda like piano roll in FL PC, for the playlist, piano roll and step sequencer, and even further than that, we could see great benefit from being able to step sequencer automation as well, like how you can in certain synthesizers, getting really weird glitched out stutters and stuff is hard when you're trying to hand draw a million different shapes perfectly frame by frame, and the tools do automate that are so simple! Just figured I'd ask!

3) I desperately need the option to invert phase for FX modules as well, hear me out, you can take a filtter, say a bandpass, and apply it onto a signal, then add a distortion module afterward, you add your distortion to the specific range of audio you want, then copy and paste the bandpass filter after the distortion, and invert the filter/module phase, effectively nulling out the filter but LEAVING THE distortion, meaning you can get HIGHLY technical with various non linear effects! I've tried using parameter eq under the same idea, but it just doesn't work the same at all, sometimes it seems like it kinda does but there's a LOT MORE effect from the filter null distortion effect.
I'd also like to be able to invert the phase for audio signals entirely, personally, I've always wondered why that option isn't available in FL mobile, spacer has inversion settings but I've NEVER been able to get audio to null with any combination of them. I wanna be able to create acapellas and play with isolation and stuff but I can't figure it out for the life of me how to effectively invert an entire audio files phase 180° to cancel out with it's counterpart, or at least isolate differences, spacer seems like it SHOULD BE ABLE to, even tried running two or three of them, can never get it to work.

That's all I can remember right now, I had a lot more but it ain't coming back to me now, I'll update this post the second I remember some of the other goodies I had in mind..
I promise I'm not complaining I just wanna see the app become all it can be! Because it's damn good already!
Sorry for the longform post, I really try my best to keep it concise but I just can't ever do that when typing, especially if I'm excited/interested in something.
Hope you guys like the ideas, and it's not just the same as what everyone else is asking for lol. Haven't seen any of these requests myself, except for adding beat-slicing to slicer anyway.
Much love
-cursed muse

Return to “FL Studio Mobile”