midi out plugin and hardware sounding double notes

Technical support has moved to Ticketing - https://support.image-line.com/redirect ... port_macOS

Return to “Technical Support (macOS)”

Forum rules
TECHNICAL SUPPORT HAS MOVED!

Technical support has moved to ticketing - START HERE

Some self-help links ...

NOTE: Technical Support is ONLY available Monday - Friday (9 am to 5 pm), it can take a few days to get a response depending on the level of demand. Thank you for your patience.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
sirchris
Fri Oct 26, 2018 1:19 pm

x

midi out plugin and hardware sounding double notes

Hi I just noticed that when playing my hardware synth using midi out I am getting double sounding notes when pressing the keyboard even though only one midi note is recorded. I then used the fl virtual keyboard and when I trigger the notes using it it sounds normal. Can you please help me figure out what is wrong here. I even tried turning direct monitoring off my keyboard and set the mixer audio input to my audio interface and it is still happening when I press my keys on my hardware.

You can really hear it on arpeggio parts as one plays with single notes and other is doubling. Therefore what I hear when recording is different than the playback as I hear double sounded notes and then playback only captured the proper single playback ones.

changing the midi out port to 1 fixes the doubling but I dont think I can playback the recording without turning it back to 0. Another apparent fix is setting the general midi settings output to the blank port but then nothing will sound after recording. I really dont want to go back and forth on changing midi ports. I just want it to work easily.

Why does FL only have this problem? (I have ableton and it does not have this problem)

i have my current midi setup as attached and my midi out plugin as attached.

Scott
Site Admin
Mon Oct 29, 2018 10:12 pm

x

Re: midi out plugin and hardware sounding double notes

Did you read the MIDI Out Manual? Step 9 Loo...

sirchris
Tue Oct 30, 2018 2:13 am

x

see response below.
Last edited by sirchris on Tue Oct 30, 2018 2:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

sirchris
Tue Oct 30, 2018 2:13 am

x

There are 2 controls on my hardware - local con...
Last edited by sirchris on Fri Nov 02, 2018 9:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Scott
Site Admin
Fri Nov 02, 2018 4:10 am

x

Thanks for the info. We have a feature request ...

Return to “Technical Support (macOS)”