Switch Windows to MacOS 64bit Plugins

Technical support has moved to Ticketing - https://support.image-line.com/redirect ... port_macOS

Return to “Technical Support (macOS)”

Forum rules
TECHNICAL SUPPORT HAS MOVED!

Technical support has moved to ticketing - START HERE

Some self-help links ...

NOTE: Technical Support is ONLY available Monday - Friday (9 am to 5 pm), it can take a few days to get a response depending on the level of demand. Thank you for your patience.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
Lpfan
Mon Jun 14, 2021 8:47 am

x

Switch Windows to MacOS 64bit Plugins

Hello,

I think my problem is a bit more complex and also might require someone with Windows knowledge as well, but I hope you can help me anyway.

So I got a MacBook Pro 13 inch, M1 chip yesterday. I used a dell windows laptop before. Obviously I wanted to transfer my music production regarded data as clean as possible, to have the exact same settings and presets on the Mac as on the PC. So I replaced everything in the User Data folder on the Mac with everything on the User Data folder from the PC, including things like the Plugin Database. So after that I started downloading and installing my plugins, since I want to open projects I started on the PC to also open on the Mac. This worked pretty much flawless for most plugins like Omnisphere and FabFilter plugins. I can open these plugins with no problems at all. Also projects with those plugins load perfectly fine and the plugins work as expected. However, I am having problems with plugins like Heat Up 3. On Windows and in the plugin database the plugin is called "Heat Up 3 64bit", since it is the 64bit version of the plugin. However, since Mac does not have the 32/64 bit system the installer only installs the plugin as "Heat Up" without the naming addition "64" bit. So in conclusion, FL Studio doesn't recognize that "Heat Up 64bit" on Windows and "Heat Up" on Mac are the same plugins. I think it is not a problem with the architecture, since Plugins that are named the same on Windows and on Mac load perfectly fine like Omnisphere etc. I already tried renaming the plugin in the finder to "Heat Up 64bit" to trick FL into loading the plugin, but that didn't work. I know it's a really complex problem, but I hope you can help me, since there are some more plugins that do not work because of this problem. Maybe there is a way to tell FL Studio which plugin to load when it looks for the 64bit version. I hope you can help me out here!

Phil.flp
Technical Support
Wed Jun 16, 2021 4:08 pm

x

Re: Switch Windows to MacOS 64bit Plugins

Hi, does the plugin register as AU or VST? Plea...

Lpfan
Wed Jun 16, 2021 4:22 pm

x

Hi, I have a screenshot attached. The plugin wo...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Phil.flp
Technical Support
Mon Jun 28, 2021 9:13 pm

x

Hi, please click on the "Plugin" tab and rename...

Lpfan
Tue Jun 29, 2021 7:47 am

x

Thanks, that worked. This is kind of a annoying...

Return to “Technical Support (macOS)”