[Question] Image Synthesis - Image Processing

The place to upload Harmor presets and discuss programming.

Return to “Harmor - Presets & Programming”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
kmol
Thu Feb 26, 2015 11:14 am

x

[Question] Image Synthesis - Image Processing

I feel the help file is missing a lot of information.

It currently states:
Harmor has 516 partials so an image 516 pixels high can play all partials (1 to 516). Pixel brightness is interpreted as partial level. Black means no partial, white is 100%. A horizontal white line at the bottom of an otherwise black the image, 1 pixel high, will play the first (lowest) partial. A horizontal white line at the top of the image, 1 pixel high, will play the 516th (highest partial). Time is represented by the image-width, although you can change the speed and scaling via the resynthesis controls as shown below. An image less than 516 pixels high is assumed to start from the bottom partial up. An image 20 pixels high will play the first 20 partials.

I have the following questions;
Does it use a fixed image width? How much time does 1 pixel represent?
How does gain and frequency sample channels? After testing I found out that gain and frequency interpret channels differently. Does it mean that gain/frequency have 256 steps, 65k or 16,7m steps? Assuming it doesn't take alpha into account. Obviously it doesn't use 16,7 million, since gain interprets an image differently than frequency.

Return to “Harmor - Presets & Programming”