Harmor random volume envelope idk what

The place to upload Harmor presets and discuss programming.

Return to “Harmor - Presets & Programming”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
oboulys
Sat Oct 10, 2020 5:24 pm

x

Harmor random volume envelope idk what

Hi.
Ive been using Harmor for a few years and love it, but I just noticed that Harmor is doing something weird to the volume, phase or filter, i dont know, sounds like a combination, even in default-init patch mode.

I noticed this as im starting to use Harmor for a monotone 16th note psytrance saw-bass.

It reguarly crashes with the kick, phases for a bit, and then it goes back to not crashing.
So I checked with Oszillos Mega Scope vst, and found that the end of the waveform is being modulated semi-randomly, seems to be shrinking and expanding a few milliseconds, even when all envelopes/random mappings are off.
Some sort of volume-envelope effect, with subtle changes to the timbre of the sound, which makes the wave stretch and contrast, both horisontally in time and vertically in volume/timbre.

Ive tried to turn every dial, knob and fader, but nothing seems to change this.
Which makes it pretty useless for psytrance basses, since every note should stay the same.
It does make it more livey on every other sound, and i really love this synth, just want to understand why it does this, and be able to turn it off.

FWIW ive replaced Harmor with Serum playing the same midiclip, and does not have this problem.

Im on windows, ableton, rme babyface soundcard.

trance-ed
Tue Oct 13, 2020 4:35 am

x

Re: Harmor random volume envelope idk what

I'm not sure how Ableton handles midi since I h...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

oboulys
Tue Oct 13, 2020 7:39 pm

x

Thank you for that very insightful and friendly...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

trance-ed
Wed Oct 14, 2020 10:05 am

x

I hardly ever think about using the VST version...

oboulys
Wed Oct 14, 2020 3:50 pm

x

The tail of the signal is still jumping around ...

trance-ed
Wed Nov 04, 2020 6:31 pm

x

The tail of the signal is still jumping around ...

oboulys
Mon Dec 14, 2020 10:37 pm

x

trance-ed wrote: ↑Wed Nov 04, 2020 6:31 pm The ...

oboulys
Mon Dec 14, 2020 10:45 pm

x

Machine ahoy

Return to “Harmor - Presets & Programming”