Harmor Arps & Frequency Separation

The place to upload Harmor presets and discuss programming.

Return to “Harmor - Presets & Programming”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
JLukeW
Sun Sep 18, 2011 7:39 am

x

Harmor Arps & Frequency Separation

I've discovered it can be really powerful to set up different arps as bass and treble -- something I was used to doing in Sytrus, but I like the workflow in Harmor:
a) Set channel A to a low pitch/frequency and use a crude low pass to cut off any high frequencies (freq. ~50%) to limit it completely
b) Set channel B to a higher pitch/frequency and use a crude high pass to cut off the low frequencies (~50% again)

I find this is an easy way to give me a synth that sounds good across the range, because I can start with exactly the same sound on A and B, and then tweak lower and upper halves to tune it to sound good across the range.

Here I've got that frequency separation set up with A as low and B as high.
Both halves have the same arp right now -- mess around with the volume envelope (rightclick -> arpeggiator break -> up/down/same) to change how the two halves arpeggiate.
I also have the Timbre oscillating between a mix of 1 & 2, which can create some really cool effects (subtle here though).

Oh, and turn the FX off if you're trying to get a sense of what's *actually* going on in the upper half -- delay & reverb make it hard to hear what Harmor is actually computing.
Harmor2.mp3
ArpHarmor1.flp
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

syncline
Sun Oct 02, 2011 6:11 pm

x

Re: Harmor Arps & Frequency Separation

Thanks for the insight JLukeW. Indeed, that's ...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Harmor - Presets & Programming”