Suggestion: Auto-Unique!

It's in development so expect the unexpected!

Return to “FL Studio Beta & RC Testing”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
MickeyMoose555
Thu Sep 03, 2020 3:00 pm

x

Suggestion: Auto-Unique!

One of the features I envy from other daws is the ability to instantly edit notes in the piano roll without having to make everything unique. I get that that ability is lost with the freedom of the playlist and the ability to put any pattern on any track, but it is still very infuriating when I change up an entire pattern before realizing I didn't make it unique and it changes every other similar pattern.

So.. I propose Auto-Unique! It would be in the same spot as the step and slide buttons for automation (I don't know what that is called) and it can be either on or off by default depending on which you think is more useful. Duplicating patterns doesn't make a new version, but editing anything in any of the ptterns will create and edit a duplicate instead of the original. That version will be placed where the other one was before. If Auto-Unique is turned off, editing the one pattern will also edit every other pattern except the ones made unique, like it did before. This could be used in variating a melody easily, or making a drum beat new and interesting for every 4 beats. Hopefully this could save that little bit of time from making patterns unique, and save some hairs from your head when you accidentally rewrite an entire pattern.

Additionally, something that could pair well with this addition could be little drop-down menus for all of your cloned patterns in the pattern picker. Like, you click an arrow on the original pattern on the left of the screen and it will show the duplicates. Idk, I thought that might go well since that side of the page can get pretty cluttered pretty fast.

FieryLungs
Thu Sep 03, 2020 9:26 pm

x

Re: Suggestion: Auto-Unique!

Not a bad idea, how do you feel about a modifie...

AlkamistNZ
Sat Sep 05, 2020 1:06 am

x

it is a semi interesting idea but at the same t...

exhoested
Sun Sep 06, 2020 7:43 pm

x

AlkamistNZ wrote: ↑Sat Sep 05, 2020 1:06 am it ...

Umziky
Tue Sep 08, 2020 1:02 pm

x

If you feel like you'd always want this to be t...

Autom4tic
Mon Sep 14, 2020 4:08 pm

x

Umziky wrote: ↑Tue Sep 08, 2020 1:02 pm If you ...

Sonikbeats
Tue Sep 15, 2020 4:34 pm

x

It seems that they don’t care about it Ableton ...

AlkamistNZ
Fri Sep 18, 2020 11:37 pm

x

exhoested wrote: ↑Sun Sep 06, 2020 7:43 pm Alka...

Return to “FL Studio Beta & RC Testing”