Add arrangement: Playlist track order is discarded when accepting the "copy track settings" prompt.

It's in development so expect the unexpected!

Return to “FL Studio Beta & Release Candidate Testing”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
TheDichotomist
Wed Feb 06, 2019 3:32 am

x

Add arrangement: Playlist track order is discarded when accepting the "copy track settings" prompt.

This is a fun quirk. Keeps you on your toes. :P When you add a new arrangement and tell FL to copy instrument/audio tracks, it rearranges them alphabetically and discards track order and grouped sub tracks. (so any offset added by automation clips or grouped takes is discarded) So, as if this isn't dissorienting enough ("why are things no longer in the order I added them?") suddenly merging is an absolute mess! :P For example:

Say you add a couple instrument tracks and automation:
  • GMS (Track 1)
    • GMS filter cutoff (Track 2)
  • Drum Synth (track 3)
    • Vol (Track4)
    • Pan (Track 5)
  • Beepmap (Track 6)
Then you add a new arrangement and accept the prompt to copy instrument and audio track settings; now the tracks are ordered as follows:
  • Beepmap (Track 1)
  • Drum Synth (track 2)
  • GMS (Track 3)
When you merge the previous arrangement with this new one, you get patterns and automation in all the wrong places, because FL doesn't keep the track order in mind, or take grouped sub-tracks into consideration when it merges arrangements. I don't know if this is something that can be fixed,
at least in the context of instrument tracks, but boy would it be helpful! If nothing else, because suddenly having my instrument/audio tracks rearranged is a bit disorienting. :P :P :P

TheDichotomist
Wed Feb 06, 2019 5:14 pm

x

Re: Add arrangement: Playlist track order is discarded when accepting the "copy track settings" prompt.

Other than the ones I outlined before, no. But ...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “FL Studio Beta & Release Candidate Testing”