FL Studio 20.6.1 [Build 1513] Newtone Bug - Sound Freeze

It's in development so expect the unexpected!

Return to “FL Studio Beta & RC Testing”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
beatmagik
Tue Jan 21, 2020 1:32 am

x

FL Studio 20.6.1 [Build 1513] Newtone Bug - Sound Freeze

Hi, IL Support Team!

I found this bug since FL Studio 20.5.1.1272 BETA was released! Or smth like that, I don’t remember exactly!
It seems to have started with the BETA version in which was announced the separation of the NEWTONE plugin to Newtime and Newtone. After separating the plugins in Newtone plugin I began to notice the following bug:

If you move the sound segment from note to note using the ALT key (to place the sound, for example, between two notes, bypassing the rigid binding of the offset in semitones), then with the "wrong" keystrokes sequence of pressing and releasing keys (ALT + Mouse Left Button Click) the sound of this segment "freezes" and sounds indefinitely. "Freezed sound" sounds like if a small part of this sound were “looped” into a loop and set to play.

The "correct" keystrokes sequence of pressing ALT + Mouse Left Button Click or just Mouse Left Button Click on a "frozen segment" helps to "defreeze" the plugin from this state.

If use this function using the "correct" sequence keystrokes, then the "sound freeze" situation does not occur.

This bug is observed in both DAW states: in projects where I worked a lot of time as well as in completely clean, just created projects.

Previously, i found exactly the same bug in freshly baked Newtime plugin when i moved the marker forward or backward with the ALT key pressed, but since FL Studio 20.6.0.1505 BETA was released this bug was fixed in Newtime and didn't appear anymore.

I don’t know how to more correctly and more accurately explain what I mean above, so I will operate with a conditional list of actions, as if I were writing a macros to automate the process + attach a videos of what's happening:

WRONG KEYSTROKES SEQUENCE:
Mouse Left Button Press
ALT Press
Mouse Left Button Release
ALT Release
WRONG KEYSTROKES SEQUENCE ACTION:
newtone wrong keystroke sequence.mp4
-------------------------------------------------------------------
CORRECT KEYSTROKES SEQUENCE:
Mouse Left Button Press
ALT Press
ALT Release
Mouse Left Button Release
CORRECT KEYSTROKES SEQUENCE ACTION:
newtone correct keystroke sequence.mp4
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

reflex
Site Admin
Wed Jan 29, 2020 9:26 am

x

Re: FL Studio 20.6.1 [Build 1513] Newtone Bug - Sound Freeze

I can confirm the problem, we'll have it looked...

reflex
Site Admin
Fri Jun 05, 2020 10:27 am

x

Re: FL Studio 20.6.1 [Build 1513] Newtone Bug - Sound Freeze

Yelhigh! wrote: ↑Fri May 15, 2020 7:38 pm Hey g...

Return to “FL Studio Beta & RC Testing”