Sugestion to improve beta RC workflow

It's in development so expect the unexpected!

Return to “FL Studio Beta & Release Candidate Testing”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
Ricciardo
Sun Aug 22, 2021 11:25 pm

x

Sugestion to improve beta RC workflow

So i downloaded today the new beta to test it out.

And considering i was a few years back an hardcore flstudio user, but then i changed daw...
i would like to make a few considerations about this changes.

first of all, it seems you are now going into the right direction, i like what you did with the arrangement tracklist where you can just drag and drop instruments into it, and the instruments are locked into the mixer as well, it simplifies the process, and at same way it feels
you dont really need to have the channel rack in the way, so, this simply change, helps to clean the UI workflow a lot, specially considering one of the major issues of the new FLstudio UI since you started to increase the sizes was the lack of space.

this is great, and i like the direction you are going...

but i consider there are some stuff you need to change.

my first sugestion and this is very important,

above the tracks panel, in the arrangement window, please please please, change the stupid middle mouse button setting from the "rename colour" thing into the plugin picker (oriented for picking instrument)

This is crucial...

YOU DONT NEED to have the middle mouse button oriented to just change the colour and the name, you allready have that option inside the tree, you click the right mouse button...

So for a matter of simply and increase the pace as you can introduce a new instrument... just do that

so you can middlemouse click above the track panel, click an instrument... BOOM and track is set to go.

this would not only make faster in terms of workflow, but would by pass imediately the need of anyone to have the channel rack by default in the window.

Other minor issue / sugestion (and this about my personal taste) please please please, introduce an option to change the stupid annoying red colour in the selection of patterns... OMG i hate it so much, just change the colour... or give us the option to change it from a red to a yellow, orange, blue whatever, everythinhg except that red.

I must say i lke the beta version, it feels solid, and finaly... (At last) FL studio workflow doesnt feel broken to me, that was the main issue that made me move away from this program into another DAW because you broke the workflow after the legacy patterns were removed.

it took you 10 years to finaly find a away... late but better than never.

so i might even give FL a new chance,

Oh by the way, give back the option to change the name of the notes/sounds on the Fruity drumsynth live its stupid to remove it
since some people actually like to create unique drums and save presets, if that option was there in the old version its stupid to remove it... no need. the code is there, use it!

Return to “FL Studio Beta & Release Candidate Testing”