v20.99.3000-b3141 still missing this seriously important function

It's in development so expect the unexpected!

Return to “FL Studio Beta & Release Candidate Testing”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
NFL
Wed Sep 21, 2022 11:53 am

x

v20.99.3000-b3141 still missing this seriously important function

v20.99.3000-b3141 is still missing this seriously important function, and if possible I would suggest implementing it before the release of 21, as this is a clear 'showstopper' for many people, I'm sure.

What I'm talking about: when you play one track, the program doesn't seem to compensate for the latency added to other tracks channels, when playing via midi to other channels.
So if you have channel one with a sound, where you have lots of processing that creates lots of latency, and then you play a sound on another instrument and channel, via midi, there is a latency from when you press the midi-key to when the sound is heard, as long as the latency intruduced by the processing on the first channel/instrument.
One easy way to check this is putting on an fx with a very long latency, like one second -- Maximus with Look-ahead-delay set to one second -- on one channel, and then playing another sound. Like, start from the minimum 808 template, enter some tones for the kick, put on a Maximus with one sec delay for the look-ahead, and then try to play the hi-hat from a midi-controller. There will be a one second delay from when you hit your midi-keyboard-key, to when you hear the sound.

This clearly is not a problem for those wanting to enter notes via the pianoroll, but it is a serious serious problem for those of us that also like to play via a midi controller, and like FL Studio, but also sometimes like and use fxs with lots of latency.

Expected behaviour would be like 'every other DAW' out there, that the latency is compensated for, so there is no latency on the track you play although there is a lot on that other track, and the midi key you press on that midi-keyboard will create a sound immediately (except that sound-buffer delay and so on).

Return to “FL Studio Beta & Release Candidate Testing”