Template acting weirdly

Please report Windows related issues here

Return to “Technical Support (Windows)”

Forum rules
WE NEED DETAILS: Your problems will be addressed faster if you follow these suggestions:

1. Specific information - a) FL Studio version number, b) what you are doing and what happens exactly, c) step-by-step instructions how reproduce the problem.
  2. Screenshots - Another great way to demonstrate issues. Get a free screenshot app here. Include images using the 'Attachments' tab, at the bottom of the post edit window.
  3. A video - The best way of demonstrating many issues. Get a free recorder here. Include mp4 videos to your post from the 'Attachments' tab, at the bottom of the post edit window.
  4. Use English - Google Translate your post. Short simple sentences in your original language translate best. We are happy to work this way, no need to worry.

NOTE: Technical Support is ONLY available Monday - Friday (9 am to 5 pm Central European Time), thank you.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
pedrowondro
Mon Jul 22, 2019 4:38 am

0 x

Template acting weirdly

I have a dual problem on an FL Studio template (FL Studio 20 Producer Editon v20.1 [build 785] - Signature Bundle - 64Bit):

1. I have a midi controller (guitar via Roland GR55) and the midi is routed in via a Roland Sound Capture. Tracking is clean and overall very good. But when I play an open B it either opens the FL Studio file menu (yes really, why would it do that?!) or opens the Channel rack filter menu at the top of the list of plugins/sounds in the project (the button where the default says "All"). On another occasion it installed Edison in the first slot in the mixer channer to which the Amplesound guitar referred to below is routed. This has been happening from before the crash referred to below. Why would playing a note on a midi controller operate a menu??!

2. Since a crash of FL Studio occurred (after selecting "Use fixed size buffers" in the Processing tab of the FL wrapper for an Amplesound guitar, which has been stuttering badly - other plugins ok) I have been getting an error message when I open FL Studio - "Are you sure? 1 plug-in is still registered and used through the VST bridge. Are you sure you want to close the application? It will break the connection to the VST host?" and the options are "OK" and "Cancel". I don't know why this is happening or what this means or what the consequences of the two options are? The weird thing is that this happens on open when I haven't clicked anything, i.e. it is asking "Are you sure?" but it's not clear what it thinks I am doing that it wants to know whether I am sure about. This may be associated with the Rapidcomposer VST that I have installed. For some reason that VST always opens when I open the project (not an FL wrapper). It was doing that before without the error message, but now I get the error message. I think it may be associated with that VST because the message appears to be an overlay to that VST's window, and that VST's window closes when I click OK on the message.

Any clues would be most welcome.

Peter

pedrowondro
Tue Jul 23, 2019 10:56 am

0 x

Re: Template acting weirdly

UPDATE:1 above is SOLVED. I somehow had enable...

Robiaster
Tue Jul 23, 2019 6:36 pm

0 x

Re: Template acting weirdly

I've never seen or heard of that message and it...

Return to “Technical Support (Windows)”