Problem with exact precision with the cutting tool

Technical support has moved to Ticketing - https://support.image-line.com/redirect ... calSupport

Return to “Technical Support (Windows)”

Forum rules
TECHNICAL SUPPORT HAS MOVED!

Technical support has moved to ticketing - START HERE

Some self-help links ...

NOTE: Technical Support is ONLY available Monday - Friday (9 am to 5 pm), it can take a few days to get a response depending on the level of demand. Thank you for your patience.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
ReaverParrellTIR
Thu Apr 25, 2013 3:06 am

x

Problem with exact precision with the cutting tool

I just downloaded FL 11 today, I was really excited to check out the new version. I do a lot of instrument tracking both for studio recording and recreational covers. Tracking requires a LOT of precision, right down to the nano second, so I need the cut tool to be as precise as possible. I never had this problem with FL 10, and I'll have to go back using it until this "bug" is fixed, but the main problem is with the cutting tool at the most precise step option. You can see in this first picture, "fl1.png", that my step option is at the most precise level. The blue circle shows where I am wanting to cut, @ measure 45.
fl1.png
As you can see in this second picture, "fl2.png", I am cutting on exactly 45, not even a little bit to the right or left, DEAD on CENTER.
fl2.png
But when the cut is made it is made a few steps to the right as shown by the blue circle in the last picture, "fl3.png".
fl3.png
This precision bug doesn't happen all the time, but from every audio file I've loaded today there have been MULTIPLE incidences of this bug in each file. As I said before, FL 10 had no issue with exact precision so I am 99.9% certain that this is a bug and can be fixed with a patch. Thank you for your time and consideration.

Sincerely,
An eXtremely avid FL user
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

angel bulbhead
Sat Dec 23, 2023 7:28 am

x

Re: Problem with exact precision with the cutting tool

zero-crossing.jpg zero cross, zero-cross zero ...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Technical Support (Windows)”