Is there any way to recover/view these plugin settings?

Please report Windows related issues here

Return to “Technical Support (Windows)”

Forum rules
WE NEED DETAILS: Your problems will be addressed faster if you follow these suggestions:
  1. Specific information - a) FL Studio version & build number, b) what you are doing and what happens exactly, c) step-by-step instructions how reproduce the problem.
  2. Screenshots - Another great way to demonstrate issues. Get a free screenshot app here. Include images using the 'Attachments' tab, at the bottom of the post edit window.
  3. A video - The best way of demonstrating many issues. Get a free recorder here. Include mp4 videos to your post from the 'Attachments' tab, at the bottom of the post edit window.
  4. Use English - Google Translate your post. Short simple sentences in your original language translate best. We are happy to work this way, no need to worry.
NOTE: Technical Support is ONLY available Monday - Friday (9 am to 5 pm Central European Time), thank you.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
cue8chalk_
Wed Mar 19, 2008 4:46 pm

x

Is there any way to recover/view these plugin settings?

I have many old projects, several of which I want to go back and re-visit. They were created with FL 5 and back then I used lots of sound fonts, but didn't have the FL SoundFont player, so I used the free sfz plugin.

FL saved the files fine and remembered the soundfont files with no problem, however, several upgrades later, I re-open the files and the sfz soundfont plugins have no soundfont loaded. I'm pretty sure this is because the path to those soundfonts have changed. I have no problem replacing sfz with the FL Soundfont player, but I would need some way of finding out what filename/bank/program was originally stored when the files were saved. It doesn't display that info in sfz, but I'm sure it's stored in the flp somewhere, isn't it?

Is there a way to view this information? I would go as far as HEX editing a project file if I have to.

reflex
Site Admin
Wed Mar 19, 2008 4:55 pm

x

That depends on how sfz stored it. When it com...

cue8chalk_
Wed Mar 19, 2008 4:59 pm

x

reflex wrote:That depends on how sfz stored it....

reflex
Site Admin
Wed Mar 19, 2008 5:05 pm

x

If you save a song, FL asks each plugin to save...

Return to “Technical Support (Windows)”