FLStudio ASIO crackling in spite of low CPU usage [INFO]

Technical support has moved to Ticketing - https://support.image-line.com/redirect ... calSupport

Return to “Technical Support (Windows)”

Forum rules
TECHNICAL SUPPORT HAS MOVED!

Technical support has moved to ticketing - START HERE

Some self-help links ...

NOTE: Technical Support is ONLY available Monday - Friday (9 am to 5 pm), it can take a few days to get a response depending on the level of demand. Thank you for your patience.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
Omega Xi
Mon Oct 12, 2015 4:36 am

x

FLStudio ASIO crackling in spite of low CPU usage [INFO]

I was having an issue with FLStudio ASIO crackling but with low CPU usage and no underruns being reported. I spent a long time searching and tried a lot of the fixes I found but to no avail. The solution for me was perhaps obvious but I would like to post it here just in case anyone happens to have the same issue. If you have a mic plugged into your sound card either unplug it or select a different recording device in the sound panel, in the example below I selected stereo mix but anything that isn't currently picking up audio should work.

As you can see from the above image one of the microphones is picking up some room noise, I had that microphone selected as my default input device. For some reason this seems to interfere with FLStudio ASIO and makes it crackle. Sorry if this seems really obvious, but I spent hours trying to figure this out and if I can save someone else the same headache it's worth me looking kind of stupid ^^;

Return to “Technical Support (Windows)”